Who am I?

Mi foto
Not even I know who i am full well, but I will try to explain as well as i can what i do know. I am a girl. I fight depression, and social anxiety. More than anything I want to lose weight. This is my attempt to start over. Youll get to know me as you read the anectodes of my life.

lunes, 7 de mayo de 2012

Im a drummer

Its a passion of mine, and I HATE hate hate, when people underestimate it.
They think its just hitting the drums and making it fit in with the song, or if you just randomly bang and it sounds halfway decent then they "know how to play".

The drumming is the heartbeat of the song. If the drummer messes up its like a domino fall becasue its the tempo of the whole production. Of coursee other h if you play any of the other instruments well of course you can keep on playing though out the mallfunction (if the drummer can get back on track) But the slightest hicup in the beat can ruin the sound of the song.

It requires coordination, an inmense amount. To deal ou the double strokes and paradiddles and all the rest of the complicated fast combinations of sounds from the different kinds of drums that surround you when your sitting in the heart of your drumkit.

The drumsticks become a part of you, and extention of your arm, like there almost living and they vibrate with every hit of the drum, you dont drop them because you cant, and untill you feel like this, at one with your drumkit, you dont know what it is to be a drummer.

I got this friend.
She plays the base guitar
shes bored with it
she wants to buy a drumkit.

Now Im all for people discovering a passion for drumming , but i know this girl.
She just wants it to "look cool"
She infuriates me I swear.

I was happy for her when she said she was looking about for a drumkit to buy. Good for her, you know? Then shes sais "Yeah cos now i know how to play the drumkit!"

Me: Really?

Her: Yeah!

Me: You ever been to any classes ?

Her: No

Me: You know how to read music for drums?

Her: Haha no, Ive never even seen any

Me: ...........

Me:............

Her: Yeah a friend let me bang on his drum a bit and said I was good!

Me: You can play the whatnow

Her: I can get the beats from songs just by listening to them!!

Me: You wach tutorials?

Her: No, I just listen to the songs!!

Me: Really

Her: Yeah, I know how to play the Sweet Child O Mine one!! It was sooooo easy to play by ear.

Me: ...............................................

Me:.........................whatnow

Her: I just look so cool behind a drumkit!!!




Me *Im gonna say something hurtfull if she doesnt shut up now. Like RIGHT now*

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario